Distance Training with Glance
“Distance training” or “online training” is an educational process where the teaching is conducted by someone at a different location from the learner. Glance facilitates online training by allowing those being trained to see exactly what’s on the trainer’s computer screen – in real time!
Using Glance, you can conduct software training, give lectures, Webinars, show online demos or PowerPoint slides over the Web, without the hassle or cost of travel. Include up to 100 participants in your training sessions for one low, unlimited-meeting price. And with Glance, trainers and participants can use Mac or Windows machines.
And Glance’s patent-pending StreamShapingTM technology ensures that none of your participants will be left behind.
Online Training Made Easy
The best thing about Glance is its simplicity – Glance e-learning sessions start with one click, participants connect instantly, and neither you nor your participants need any technical know-how or training to use Glance. Just focus on your presentation.
Distance Training with Glance Outshines the Competition
- Guests connect instantly – no software installation.
- Up to 100 guests on both Macs and PCs.
- Dependable technology works every time, on time.
- Flat rate, unlimited-meeting pricing.
- Exceptional customer service – we answer on the first ring!
How to Conduct Online Training with Glance
- Phone your participants
- Click the Glance icon, and choose Start Session
- Have your participants browse to your Glance web page and type the 4 digit Session Key
Start your training session! Your participants see everything you see. It’s that easy!
5 Tips for Remote Training Sessions, from Glance
- Start out by describing the structure of the course. Some people may be new to online learning, and a few housekeeping notes about how you’ll move through the material and how to ask for help, will appreciated.
- Practice, practice, practice. It's easy to think “I've presented this a thousand times before,” yet it’s always a good idea to do a dry run with your material before your training session starts.
- Encourage participation and active involvement. Since Glance allows Remote Control, pass control back and forth to your participants when possible. This will keep your remote attendees actively listening, and not multi-tasking!
- Avoid complicated backgrounds when using presentation slides like PowerPoint, as well as animation effects and slide transitions. Your presentation will be transmitted more quickly to your guests.
- Summarize at the end of the session. Wrap up with a summary of what you told your audience, and don’t forget to indicate any next steps or “homework”.